Top officials willfully concealed the true extent of the 2008-'09 bailouts from Congress and the public.
1. The big banks and hedge funds were in much more trouble than we were led to believe.
2. Wall Street’s secret government made sure the largest banks would grow even larger, aided by the secret funding.
3. The bigger Wall Street becomes, the more government it can buy.
4. Wall Street’s secret government protects its own.
5. Wall Street is a clear and present danger to democracy.
6. Occupy Wall Street is fundamentally correct, but we need more.Read the post at AlterNet
6 Shocking Revelations About Wall Street's "Secret Government"
by Les Leopold
Les Leopold is the executive director of the Labor Institute and Public Health Institute in New York, and author of The Looting of America: How Wall Street's Game of Fantasy Finance Destroyed Our Jobs, Pensions, and Prosperity—and What We Can Do About It (Chelsea Green, 2009).This pretty well sums up the way the public is coming to see this fiasco. Occupy has struck a nerve?